The Faculty of Business and Tourism is engaged in a continuous effort to meet the highest academic requirements and professionalism, especially for reaching prestigious scientific performance, recognized nationally and internationally.
In order to strengthen our national leadership in business administration in trade, tourism, services, commodity sciences and quality management, our priority is to increase the faculty’s teaching and scientific reputation, by further improving the levels of both courses and seminars, of our educational materials, as well as by integrating effective methodologies and modern international theories and practices to enhance the faculty’s role in training the future specialists.
We believe that by increasing our academic requirements together with adequate flexibility in content and form of teaching, continuing education and a proper student assessment, scientific research in specialized and interdisciplinary approaches, we will help preparing young people to find their own path in both professional and personal lives.
We have a teaching staff that is well trained and passionate for educational activity and never the less an investment program to ensuring appropriate framework for teaching and research, through suitable hardware, software and other materials. Through intense national and international exchanges of experience, scholarships, mobility programs etc. (especially for students and young teachers), always encouraged and supported financially and morally, we are aiming to enrich our scientific research and the content of present and future disciplines.
The Faculty of Business and Tourism is offering a modern educational curricula, adjusted to the European Union higher education’s requirements, in the field of Business Administration, preserving in the mean time the ongoing national tradition. Interdisciplinary approaches are aiming to be connected to that of the major economic schools of commerce, commodities and quality management, tourism and services, both in the E.U. and worldwide.
Since 2005, according to the “Bologna Process” the Faculty of Business and Tourism has adopted a new structure of studies including a three year cycle of graduation and a unique section for the whole faculty, called “Business Administration in Commerce, Tourism, Services, Commodity Science and Quality Management”.
Getting a wide recognition of the faculty’s value, staff and graduates, as well as the respect of the national and international academic community, by focusing on high quality education and research programs and on the needs, expectations and aspirations of our students and personnel.
As the oldest in the country, the Faculty of Business and Tourism (former Commerce) is still proving to be a dynamic entity, always open to dialogue with the external environment, and able to take on the leadership role in reviving the business education in Romania, through high quality, accessible, challenging and innovative study programs, due to an exceptional teaching staff.
THE MISSION OF THE FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND TOURISM
Our mission is to effectively contribute to knowledge creation, dissemination and sharing in the covered fields (business, consumer sciences, quality management, tourism and services), through research and creative exploration, through education and learning, in order to inspire innovative actions able to foster continuous improvements in economy and society.
For this, our full attention is paid to training students to standards comparable with other European institutions, to the ongoing process of learning and change, in a suitable infrastructure and with well trained human resources, given that, in the future, universities will be characterized by:
- Deep functional expertise, both in terms of specific types of higher education programs and of scientific research-development and innovation projects;
- Flexible and efficient organizational models, appropriate to the interaction with the changing society, and intra-sectoral competition at national, international or global levels;
- Entrepreneurial spiritin promoting the offer of programs and services to society and to the beneficiaries within the private sector, in developing educational, cultural and research projects and other categories of services, in order to attract additional resources for sustainable development;
- Systematic communicationwith potential beneficiaries and partners, based on transparency and ethics in the information dissemination towards interested stakeholders;
- Performant institutional governance, which effectively combines the advantages of professional management with the academic authonomy and the traditional freedom of choices, within the framework of an ethical conduct and high quality outputs of education and research, along with a public assumed responsibility for the efficient use of resources, mobilized through public and/or private financing.
The VALUES that we rely on in the efforts to fulfill our established mission, are:
- Excellence; we are promoting excellence in research, education and as the dominant attitude among all faculty members; we are encouraging innovation and creativity;
- Student Centered Approach; we are pursuing to continuously match our educational programs to the dynamics of learning needs and aspirations of our students; we are encouraging their innovative, flexible and critical thinking in order to create transformative experiences together and celebrate their professional and personal development;
- Responsibility;we are honoring all our commitments and we are taking full responsibility for the activities that we are performing;
- Integrity;we are practicing an open, fair and equitable way of action, in dealing with all faculty member categories within our community (teachers, students, non-teaching staff); we are enhancing a culture of mutual respect;
- Diversity;we understand, value and respect diversity in its multiple forms of manifestation.