The Advisory Board (AB) is an external, independent and proactive organizational entity aiming at guiding, promoting, advising and supporting the Faculty of Business and Tourism in the efforts to achieve its mission.
The role of the Advisory Board (AB) is to assist the dean and the faculty’s leadership team in:
- developing short, medium and long range goals and strategic planning; the AB serves as a “sounding board” for present and proposed programs and activities of the faculty, by providing valuable information and by offering counseling in problem solving;
- developing and strengthening the business community outreach and service; bridging academia with the world of business constitute an effective way to facilitate an improved adjustment of the educational and research processes to the business environment requirements; it can also bring business executives to share their business expertise into the classrooms and other close contacts with students and faculty, in both formal and informal settings;
- establishing mentoring and internship opportunities in order to enrich business students’ learning, practical and work experiences;
- increasing the potential for partnerships, that can help in identifying additional resources (financial ones included) for the faculty’s diverse projects.
The Advisory Board includes 12 members highly competent and experienced in the field of business and representing a mix of company profiles:
- Sorana Baciu– Independent Director, International Consultant – Corporate Governance, Strategy & Transformation, Alpha Bank Romania
- Alin Burcea – CEO la S.C. Paralela 45 Turism S.R.L.
- Calin Ile – General Manager IBIS Continental Hotels; President at FIHR – Romanian Hotels Association
- Camelia Sur– External Relations Group Manager Procter&Gamble Balkans
- Ana Maria Paslaru – General Manager at Unilever
- Laura Simon – Supply Chain Professional / LC Waikiki
- Șerban Cristian Toader – Senior Partner KPMG România
- Valeria Mihaescu – Area Human Resources Director, Western and Southern Europe
- Carmen Calin – Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding Manager la Mega Image
- Aurelia Mihai – Head of HR Development & Recruitment/ Auchan Romania
- Alexandru Hodoiu – Regional Business Development Manager/ Travelport
- Mugur Florescu – Operations Director/ JTI
The members of the Advisory Board are meeting ones a year in ordinary session, and in extraordinary session whenever necessary, at the invitation of leadership team to discuss issues and to make recommendations.